Rejuvenate Your Smile with Restorative Dentistry in Sturbridge
After the damages of decay and tooth loss, we can help you restore your smile to a healthy and youthful appearance. Balian Family Dental Sturbridge provides multifaceted restorative dental care for the entire family.
Arthur Balian, DMD, has over 20 years’ experience in creating and placing restorations. With his care, you can regain a beautiful, healthy smile. Call us today to schedule a consultation!
CALL US: (508) 347-7007 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Our restorative services include:
Why You Should Choose Dental Implants
Without teeth roots, the jawbone shrinks as the body reabsorbs the bone’s calcium. Dental implants replace the teeth roots and keep the jawbone full and stimulated. Implant-supported restorations are sturdy, and better long-term investments into your oral health.
We choose porcelain for our restorations because of it’s natural-looking and bio-compatible capabilities. Porcelain reflects light like natural teeth, will not discolor your surrounding teeth and is accepted by the body, resulting in beautiful, safe treatment.
Balian Family Dental Sturbridge provides dental implant placement as well as restoration, fabrication, and installation.
What Are Dental Implants and How Do They Work?
Without tooth roots, the jawbone shrinks as the body reabsorbs the bone’s calcium. Dental implants consist of titanium posts that replace the tooth roots of missing teeth once surgically inserted.
Because their material is accepted by the body allowing them to fuse with living tissue and bone in a process called osseointegration, dental implants keep the jawbone full and stimulated.
When crowns, dentures, and partial dentures are supported by implants, these restorations are sturdy, long-term investments towards your essential oral health.
What Determines an Ideal Candidate for Dental Implants?
While proper care and maintenance will help extend the health and long-lasting beauty of your dental implants, treatment is not one size fits all. It’s true that dental implants are an effective solution for missing teeth, but not everybody is a candidate for the procedure. The six primary factors needed for dental implant treatment include:
- Healthy Gum Tissue: Because the success of dental implants relies almost solely on the proper fusing of implant to tissue and bone, patients must have healthy gum tissue, free of infection or disease.
- Sufficient Jawbone Density: Similar to why healthy gums are important, having enough bone density is also crucial. That's because you need enough bone in your jaw to support the implant properly.
- Good Oral Health: Apart from the missing tooth or teeth being treated, ideal candidates for dental implants need to have a healthy smile, free of any underlying infection, disease, sores, or other conditions that could jeopardize the implant process.
- Patience: After placement, your jawbone, gums, and other surrounding structures can take up to six months to fully heal. Dental implant treatment can take anywhere from four months to a year to complete depending on how many dental procedures (like extraction, bone grafts, or gum disease) make up your treatment plan.
- Non-Smokers: Because of the many harmful components found in tobacco products that can lead to complications such as gum disease, non-smokers are preferred.
- Good Health Overall: Potential candidates cannot have any systemic diseases or disorders that impact the body's ability to heal. This can interrupt the fusing process needed for successful dental implant treatment.
For more information, or to find out if you’re an ideal candidate for dental implants, contact our team today! We are happy to answer any questions and address any concerns you may have.
Quality Porcelain for Sturdier Restorations
We choose porcelain for our restorations because it is bio-compatible and the most natural-looking material to work with. Porcelain reflects light like natural teeth do and will not discolor the surrounding teeth.
Custom Crown Restorations
When a tooth is heavily damaged or decayed, saving the whole thing may not be a viable option. For in
stance, a cavity that goes untreated for too long may result in a tooth almost completely decayed above the gum line.
However, if the root is still healthy, the top of the tooth can be cleared of decay and capped with a beautiful ceramic prosthetic known as a crown. This crown is custom-made to match the color and contour of your surrounding dental structure and cemented into place over the remaining tooth to seal and protect it.
Our team is dedicated to the health of your smile and restoring a full smile is an essential part of your oral health. Dr. Balian is empathetic to the many factors that can cause tooth decay. He understands how medications, heredity, and everyday wear and tear contribute to dental damage and can recommend the best treatment option for you.
Discover the Versatility of Dental Crowns
Porcelain crowns are some of the most popular and widely-used treatments in restorative dentistry. This is primarily due to their versatility, meaning, they can be used to treat many aesthetic, health, and functional issues. Crowns can also help finalize numerous other dental procedures.
Dental crowns may be needed for the following reasons:
- To treat teeth with large cavities, too extensive for a filling
- For completely replacing a single missing tooth
- To finalize dental implant treatment
- To strengthen a worn or weakened tooth
- To protect a tooth treated with root canal therapy
- For enhancing a misshapen or unappealing tooth
- To restore fractured or broken teeth
Personalized Denture Appliances
The jawbone begins to deteriorate and shrink in volume when teeth are lost. Dentures are complete restorations, specifically designed to support and maintain your smile’s soft tissues, muscles and nerves all while replacing an entire smile of missing teeth.
With the dentures provided by our Sturbridge team, you can look forward to a more youthful, fresh aesthetic that looks completely natural. That’s because we entrust the skilled touch of a trusted dental lab to fabricate your dentures to the specific feel, function, look, and contours of your smile.
Partial dentures are used when several missing teeth cause asymmetrical and unsightly gaps within the smile. These spaces can cause neighboring teeth to shift if not replaced. Not only do partial dentures fill in the spaces created by missing teeth, but they also help prevent other complications like jawbone weakening.
How Do I Care for My Dentures or Partial Dentures Properly?
Partial or full dentures require proper care to keep them clean and stain-free while helping them look good and function as they should.
Be sure to:
- Remove and rinse dentures after eating. To remove food debris and other loose particles, run water over your dentures.
- Take care of your dentures. Be sure that when cleaning, you do not bend or damage the plastic or fasteners.
- Clean your mouth after your dentures have been removed. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush on any natural teeth and gauze to clean the roof of your mouth, your tongue, and cheeks.
- Soak dentures overnight. Place the dentures in water or a mild solution for denture-soaking. Check the proper storage of your dentures overnight with your dental team.
- Rinse the dentures thoroughly, especially when using a denture-soaking solution, before putting them back in your mouth.
- Schedule regular dental checkups. Our dentists will recommend how often you visit to examine and professionally clean your dentures. We can help ensure a proper fit to prevent slippage and discomfort, as well as examine your mouth to make sure it's healthy.
You should avoid:
Abrasive cleaning materials, whitening toothpaste, products containing bleach, and hot or boiling water. These can potentially damage or wrap your dentures.
Get In Touch With Our Sturbridge Restoration Dentist
Call Balian Family Dental Sturbridge today for top-notch restorations that look and feel like natural teeth!
CALL US: (508) 347-7007 REQUEST APPOINTMENT